Orienteering Wellington would like to invite you to attend the rescheduled NZ Orienteering Championships at Labour Weekend (23-26 October 2020) in the Manawatū. We’re looking forward to a great weekend of events but at this stage there are a few things that we ask you to keep in mind:
- We intend to run all four events — Sprint, Middle, Long and Relay, but the exact details are still to be confirmed.
- Entries will open in July, when we have confirmed the event schedule and times.
- SI Air+ can now be used by all classes at all events. A supply of SIACs will be available to rent from Orienteering Wellington as part of the entry process.
- Event locations are as previously advised: Pit Park, Waitarere, Scotts Ferry and Whirokino. See locations and embargoes for more information.
- Entry prices are as previously advised: Maximum $155 for senior and $115 for junior if entering all four events, with the family rate capped at 2 adults and 3 children.
- A prize giving and social event will be held on the Sunday evening.
- Previous recipients of trophies please bring these with you, or if you aren’t planning to attend this year please pass them on to someone who is.
We’ve also had to make a few changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our precautions include:
- There will be no shared water facilities at the event centres, and no food trucks. However, we are hoping to have a coffee cart!
- NZ COVID Tracer QR codes will be available at each event centre. We do not collect this data but ask that you scan these to facilitate the Ministry of Health’s contact tracing program.
- Everything is contingent on all of New Zealand being at COVID-19 Alert Level 1 (or lower) from 29 July until Labour Weekend.
All being well, we look forward to seeing you in the forest!